Maine Optometry is always glad to attract qualified candidates. Health care professionals with a demonstrated history in the field of optometry are encouraged to get in contact with us, and we may keep your résumé on file for future positions. See our current job listings below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Optometrist- Full Time
About Our Practice
We are a growing, multi-location practice in Southern Maine looking for a full-time Optometrist to deliver exceptional and professional vision care. Our practice offers modern facilities and state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, certified EHR software, on-site Optical, and experienced staff.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You’ll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care and is eager to learn and develop their clinical skill set.
Your regular duties will include:
• Perform comprehensive eye exams
• Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
• Prescribe corrective lenses
• Provide pre-and post-operative care to surgical patients
• Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
• Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
• Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
• Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
• Valid state license to practice optometry
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
• Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
We offer benefits including:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Sick time
• Vacation days
• Retirement plan
• Malpractice insurance
• Licensing fees
• Continuing education (CE)
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Please contact Steve Amico, Chief Operating Officer:
We are a growing, multi-location practice in Southern Maine looking for a full time Opticiant to deliver exceptional and professional vision care at our Brunswick, Lewiston, and Freeport locations. Interested candidates must have a strong work ethic and an attitude to succeed.
We offer a generous base salary with bonuses based on production, 401K retirement plan, health insurance, paid vacation time, annual CE compensation and more. The communities in Maine that we practice in offer a quality of life to include camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, golf, and boating.
A dispensing optician is trained to dispense and fit spectacles and other optical aids, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists.
Dispensing opticians advise patients on various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including advice on style, weight and color. They advise patients on how to wear and care for their spectacles.
- Interpreting optical prescriptions written by optometrists.
- Giving advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling.
- Using the consultative sales method of asking open ended lifestyle questions to get a better understanding of the patient’s optical needs.
- Taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
- Trouble shooting any patient issues that may arise in regards to eyewear.
- Advising patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed.
- Selecting, managing and ordering glasses and other optical products.
- Ordering lenses from appropriate labs.
- Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications.
- Arranging and maintaining shop displays.
- Having an understanding of, and ability to explain vision insurance benefits to patients.
- Billing lenses and frames to vision insurances.
- Completing continuing education credit hours and keeping up on industry news.
- Expected to contribute by offering ideas on how to better the practice and patient experience.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- ABO certified preferred but not required
For more information or to apply please contact Samantha Smith, Director of HR: