Maine Optometry is always glad to attract qualified candidates. Health care professionals with a demonstrated history in the field of optometry are encouraged to get in contact with us, and we may keep your résumé on file for future positions. See our current job listings below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Central Scheduler- Gorham
The Central Scheduler will work to efficiently and effectively schedule Maine Optometry patients for all exams and services provided throughout the various practice locations. The scheduler will be organized and detail oriented in understanding the specific scheduling needs for each doctor and practice location. Excellence in customer service and relations is essential.
- Schedules all patients for optical procedures and exams including specialty testing.
- Ensures the prevention of double-booking procedures by the identification of available time increments as defined by the practice location and attending OD.
- The scheduler will cancel patient appointments and will re-schedule as required.
- Provides accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination, procedure, and financial requirements by applying knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-10 and CPT codes.
- Screens patients for Medical Necessity using practice standards and follows-up with the patient and referring physician, obtaining a new order or discussing the need to sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice when required.
- Maximizes efficiency and minimizes gaps in the practice schedule by striving to offer the patient the next available appointment when possible and by scheduling patients appropriately by OD and location.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or GED is required. Minimum one year of experience in a business office and/or physician’s office with medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required.
For more information or to apply please contact Samantha Smith, Director of HR: email@example.com or 207.212.0969
We are a growing, multi-location practice in Southern Maine looking for a full time Eyewear Consultant/Optician to deliver exceptional and professional vision care at our Brunswick, Lewiston, and Freeport locations. Interested candidates must have a strong work ethic and an attitude to succeed.
We offer a generous base salary with bonuses based on production, 401K retirement plan, health insurance, paid vacation time, annual CE compensation and more. The communities in Maine that we practice in offer a quality of life to include camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, golf, and boating.
A dispensing optician is trained to dispense and fit spectacles and other optical aids, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists.
Dispensing opticians advise patients on various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including advice on style, weight and color. They advise patients on how to wear and care for their spectacles.
- Interpreting optical prescriptions written by optometrists.
- Giving advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling.
- Using the consultative sales method of asking open ended lifestyle questions to get a better understanding of the patient’s optical needs.
- Taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
- Trouble shooting any patient issues that may arise in regards to eyewear.
- Advising patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed.
- Selecting, managing and ordering glasses and other optical products.
- Ordering lenses from appropriate labs.
- Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications.
- Arranging and maintaining shop displays.
- Having an understanding of, and ability to explain vision insurance benefits to patients.
- Billing lenses and frames to vision insurances.
- Completing continuing education credit hours and keeping up on industry news.
- Expected to contribute by offering ideas on how to better the practice and patient experience.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- ABO certified preferred but not required
For more information or to apply please contact Samantha Smith, Director of HR: