In this day and age, most of us are familiar with contacts. You know, the tiny, flexible lenses that you stick to your finger and then stick to your eyeball. Simple, right? Not quite. Contacts are a medical device that require specialized care, attention, and proper use. If misused, contacts can cause some real issues with your eye health, not to mention your comfort.
At Maine Optometry, we’ve got your contact needs completely covered. You’ll get personalized attention, individualized fitting, contact use and wear instructions, and follow up care. Our doctors will discuss with you what type of contact lens they feel would be best for your prescription and your specific visual needs. And we offer a complete instructional program for first time wearers.
We supply and fit a variety of contact lenses including:
- Spherical, astigmatic, and multifocal soft lenses (daily or monthly disposables)
- Monovision contact lenses
- Extended wear soft lenses
- Gas permeable rigid lenses
- Disposable lenses
- Other specialty lenses (scleral, keratoconic, hybrid, ortho-k)